The Value of AACSB Accreditation
The learning goals in our Online Master of Science in Business Analytics program are in accordance with accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Our program is centered on the attainment of five measurable AACSB Assurance of Learning goals: problem framing, data acquisition, analytic tactics, the application of analytic methodologies and communicating with impact.
To ensure mastery of these learning goals, you will participate in a combination of laboratory exercises, projects, examinations and written/oral presentations. Your Capstone Project is designed as a culminating experience in which you will synthesize all of the analytic methodologies that you have learned in the program.
The Capstone Project will allow you to define and frame a complex problem from a real business entity, develop a systematic approach to solving it using analytics, generate an innovative solution and persuasively convey the solution using data visualization techniques and communication skills.
In our program, you can learn to:
- Choose the appropriate metrics and objective functions for analytics problems that reflect the decision-makers’ objectives (Problem Framing)
- Identify the business problem context and determine its effect on possible solutions (Problem Framing)
- Extract data from its source and load it into a relational database or other appropriate data structure (Data Acquisition)
- Repair missing data, repair outliers and impute missing data in an appropriate manner (Data Acquisition)
- Scale data appropriately (Data Acquisition)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the implicit assumptions of analytics methodologies and the types of problems for which each methodology is appropriate (Analytic Tactics)
- Identify an appropriate methodology to solve an analytics problem (Analytic Tactics)
- Execute analytics methodologies (Analytic Application)
- Judge solution accuracy (Analytic Application)
- Apply formal sensitivity analysis to solutions (Analytic Application)
- Design and deliver a managerial presentation that communicates the results of complex analytics (Communication)
View the Curriculum
Complete the form below to determine whether the W&M Online MS in Business Analytics is the right fit for you.